AMBLYforce™ S, Amblyseius swirskii
Amblyseius swirskii are an excellent beneficial mite for preventative control of thrips, whitefly and various mite species. Adult females lay eggs arranged on leaf hairs. When temperatures reach 77°F the larvae hatch and mature to adulthood in about a week. This predatory beneficial prefers warm, humid environments but survives cooler nights by moving to lower locations on the plants. They do not enter diapause when temperatures cool so they are efficient in areas where temperatures drop below 60°F; however, eggs do not hatch in temperatures that low. Repeated releases of adults will be necessary in the presence of low temperatures. Depending on the stage of development, the Amblyseius swirskii can consume about 10 thrips or whitefly larvae a day and up to about 20 whitefly eggs per day. This beneficial can survive by consuming pollen and mold.
- Temperature: 77-85°F (can remain active to 60°F)
- Relative Humidity: 70%
- Release before the onset of infestation.
Release Rates: Some crops, including tomatoes & other highly resinous crops, require higher release rates.
- Shaker Tube & Bag – 10 per square foot biweekly as needed. Apply weekly during propagation.
- Sachets on Sticks – Place one stick per propagation tray or pot. Use for young plant starts and when transplanting into pots.
- Mini-Sachets on Hooks – Use one sachet per plant. If plants are touching, use one sachet every three plants. Use once plants mature and can support sachets.
- Sachet Strips – Place strips within crop canopy along rows to reduce labor costs in large growing areas. Six strips per case.
For best results, do not use with A. cucumeris.
PLEASE NOTE: All beneficial insects must be Shipped Overnight
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Mites, Thrips, Whiteflies