Introducing Cannabis to Family Members
Here at Canvast our mission is to elevate every experience with education and high-quality products. We created this blog to help lay a foundation for entering into tricky conversations. Introducing cannabis to your family members can be a sensitive and challenging topic, but with a little preparation and understanding, it can be done in a constructive and informative way.
Here are some steps to consider when starting the conversation:
- Choose the right time and place: Pick a time and place where everyone is relaxed and can focus on the conversation. Avoid bringing it up during an argument or when someone is stressed.
- Start with education: Educate yourself and your family members about the various uses and benefits of cannabis. This can help to reduce any preconceived notions and increase understanding. Pssst, direct them to our blog! We keep up with some of the industry's most important queries.
- Be open and honest: Explain why you use cannabis, whether it be for medical purposes or simply as a means of relaxation. Being open and honest about your experiences and how it has impacted your life gives your loved ones a different perspective than the fears societal pressures have given them.
- Address any concerns: Anticipate and address any concerns your family members may have about cannabis. This can include potential side effects, safety concerns, and legal issues. Be prepared to provide factual information and dispel any misconceptions.
- Be respectful: It's important to respect your family members' opinions and beliefs, even if they differ from yours. Avoid being defensive or dismissive of their concerns.
- Encourage further discussion: Encourage ongoing communication and further education on the topic. This can help to foster a greater understanding and acceptance of cannabis use. Have them try our Find Your Feel quiz to help give them an idea of what product might be best for them should they choose to experiment with cannabis.
For new cannabis users, it's best to start with low-potency products that are easy to dose and consume. Some popular options include:
- Cannabis oils and tinctures: These products typically have a low THC content and can be easily measured and added to food or drinks. They offer a discreet and convenient way to consume cannabis. Check out Canvast new sublingual in lollipop form! Each infused with a low dose of cannabinoids and functional mushrooms, these will be sure to change their expectation of edibles.
- Edibles: Cannabis-infused edibles, such as gummies or chocolates, are a popular option for new users. They provide a longer-lasting, body-focused high and can be easily dosed. We used balanced ratios, functional ingredients and included low dose options in our edibles so you can really find what fits you best. Choose from either our delectable Dream Drops or our gluten-free, vegan infused gummies.
- Topicals: Topical cannabis products, such as balms and creams, are applied directly to the skin and are an excellent option for those seeking relief from localized pain or inflammation without the psychoactive effects.
- Hemp-derived CBD products: Hemp-derived CBD products, such as oils and capsules, contain little to no THC and offer a non-psychoactive option for those looking to experience the benefits of cannabis without the high.
It's important to note that everyone's tolerance and reactions to cannabis are unique, and it's essential to start slowly and increase the dose gradually. It's also important to follow the recommended dosages listed on the product packaging and to consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.
Remember, introducing cannabis to your family members is a process and may not happen overnight. Be patient, understanding, and open-minded. The goal is to have a constructive and informative conversation that leads to greater understanding and acceptance. Canvast is here to help you every step of the way!
Don’t know where to start? Have your loved one take our Find Your Feel quiz! Our quiz is designed to identify their specific needs and preferences, so we can recommend the product that's perfect for them.